Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dinner out at Gilt, The Palace Hotel, New York

Yet another lovely dinner out - this time at Gilt @The Palace Hotel. For any of you who watch Gossip Girl (yes, I confess, I'm addicted even though the plotlines are so unbelievable!), the Palace Hotel was one of the locations used for the show.
The restaurant is located inside the hotel in a beautiful old hall but the food is modern and sophisticated which made for an interesting experience! The food was really lovely - it has 2 Michelin stars and I can understand why. It was certainly one of my favourite restaurants of the trip and it was Steve's favourite. The service was amazing - even though the waiter was somewhat impressed that this group of "Aussies" knew so much about food!

Here are some photos of the food and dining room.
Ruby Red Shrimp

Matsutake Mushooms

Me and my bambi (oops, I mean venison)

Dry aged strip loin

The grand old dining room - I thought I was in Versailles!


Steve, Ying and me - it was Ying's last night in NYC - it was so nice & fun to have him around

Outside The Palace Hotel - they really do amazing Xmas decorations there

No comments:

Post a Comment