Thursday, December 9, 2010

NYC at night

We stayed at the beautiful Trump Soho while in NYC - it was a gorgeous hotel in a great location. I've been so lucky with my trip to stay at truly beautiful and luxurious hotels - wow, what a privilege!
We originally had a room on a lower level but the hotel was kind enough to move us all the way up to the 35th floor where we had the most amazing view of NYC. We could see all the way from the Brooklyn Bridge to Empire State Building - it's like landing that room in Paris that overlooks the Eiffel Tower! Here are some beautiful photos of the view and this gorgeous hotel.  When I look back on these photos, I remember why this is the best city in the world (except for Sydney of course!) - there is just something amazing about New York - the energy, the history, the mix of modern and art deco architecture, and the diversity - it re-energises & inspires me every time I visit.
Yes, and I pinched myself and I wasn't dreaming! I have posted these photos extra large as they are just so beautiful.

Empire State building lit up in red. The long avenue is 6th Ave (Ave of the Americas) heading uptown - it's busy day and night.

View looking out east - you can see the cables & suspension arches of the Williamsburg Bridge on the right


The view at day time


The hotel lobby of the Trump Soho

The Library (reading/chillout area)

No comments:

Post a Comment